ARRRGGGGHHHH! So, what's your gripe?

Ok, so we all need to just blow off some steam sometimes. So, what's getting to you right now that is adding stress to your life?

Mine is my dh is away (again - he's military and got back from a deployment to be "in and out" with his unit, then sent to a school across country, where he is now). I have 2 teens (and all that goes along with THAT - so's, school, extra curricular stuff, hormones, etc), and I'm trying to get us ready to move to Japan. I can't take everything with us, so I've literally been going through everything we own, are we taking this, leaving it to be stored for 3 yrs, selling it, tossing it, or donating it?
Plus, I need to sell our cars, but ONLY in this few day window when he's back so we don't need them both.

UGH - so much to do, so little time, and so sick of dealing with it!

SO, what is stressing you all?

(please, no bashing, we can't know how hard something is for someone else...)

sailorwifenmom

Asked by sailorwifenmom at 3:27 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, the Army life can be quite stressful sometimes. Sounds like you have it all under control (but it would be nice to have some help). :)

Lets see....my gripe - hubby is at Gunnery and both kiddos have been sick (so not a whole lot of sleep for me). Living in Korea sucks and a lot of the wives here thrive on drama. So, I just keep to myself. But it gets lonely when your hubby is gone most of the time.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 3:34 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Sorry, I meant to say Military life.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 3:35 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I understood :-)

We're hoping this is the last separation for any length of time before he retires (this is maybe our last duty station we're going to, and it's shore duty, so...) But we know better than to count on that...

I'm sorry you have to deal with sick kids, dh gone, Korea, and crappy neighbors all at once!

I tell my dh it's a good thing he's so cute and I love him, otherwise there's no way I would put up with this crap! This makes 2 in a row, on top of a couple of other ones before that, where he's been gone while I got us ready / actually did the PCS stuff. He either meets us there, on the way, or gets home right after it's all done and all we have to do is turn in the keys and hit the road.

I'm not really blaming him though, I was AD when we met, so I do understand, but still, I'm ready to pull my hair out and needed to come here and de-stress!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:48 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My husband is now retired. But as stupid as it may sound I used to love moving. Mike got his last PCS right where we were to retire at that was really nice. I would get the itch to move every 3 years except when in Europe we stayed there for 5 yrs and I loved every minute of it. I got used to all the TDY's and schools and evaluations he was gone for. Now he only goes to visit his brother once a year. We retired close to my home I would have preferred more up north but here we are to stay. May it go smoothly for you and I hear that Japan is a great duty station. I hope you enjoy it.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 5:44 AM on May. 14, 2009

• well first of it's 4:38 AM and i'm not asleep. i am going to visit my great grandmother today, she is in poor health and is declining. the doctor says maybe a month. she is 91 years old but we are not ready to let her go. we are afraid that grampy will follow soon after. my dad lost his new job on the date of his 1 year simply because they did not want to pay medical benefits. my mom is in poor health and has just been given the green light to look for work again, and i am worried about how they will make ends meet with neither currently working. that's what's keeping me up at night.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 7:43 AM on May. 14, 2009

• People who tell their life stories at the bottom of a post!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:57 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My gripe? Um....after fighting for disability since...2002,the judge decided I've only been 'disabled' since 2008...AFTER my geneticist stated the disability is from birth,due to a genetic syndrome that is robbing me of my mobility,sight and hearing....
    We are losing our home...to foreclosure...and I just heard on the news this morning that BO is saying he is encouraging homeowners to either GIVE their homes back to lenders,or selling at a loss...HELLO?! How does that help the American ppl by telling them to willing give up what they have worked soo hard for for soo many years gonna put money back into the economy?
    Ppl who vote for someone who uses pretty words,then changes their mind once they get what they want....ok..is that enough gripe? LOL....blah...
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 8:27 AM on May. 14, 2009

• angelAfter reading some of these posts, my "gripe" seems a little self-indulgent. (Thanks for helping me to put things into perspective!) However, be strong and keep your heads up, Ladies!  Wishing you all the best with thoughts and prayers.

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:42 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Air Force/Military life is hard and so much of the responsibility falls on the shoulders of the wife back home. It seems all the emergencies happen when DH is awayy TDY or on a remote tour. I feel for you....been there,done that, had 3 kids,etc. Best of luck to you!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:59 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My only gripe right now is that my boobs hurt.

Everything else is absolutely perfect.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:27 AM on May. 14, 2009