How can i get my daughter to sleep during nights???

My daughter is one month old.. She sleeps through the day and in the night doesn't sleep till 1.30 or 2.00 a.m. How do i change her sleeping schedule?

Also she insists on suckling till she falls asleep. Any suggestions?? HELP HELP...

sairao

Asked by sairao at 4:13 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is the same age =) Anywho, if you're breastfeeding and don't want her suckling on your breast all night, try a Soothie pacifier. She won't get nipple confusion. My son does the same thing. I don't think there's anything you can do to change the schedule; they run on their own time.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 4:42 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I have the same problem and I was completely exhausted by it. I just accepted it last night instead of trying to get her to sleep earlier and it was so much better. She doesn't go to sleep til midnight or 1am and wakes up at 10/11am. So we still get enough sleep it's just later. For the suckling, I would try to give her a pacifier.
    LeoneLover13

Answer by LeoneLover13 at 4:48 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Have you tried a nice warm bath with some lavender oil (in the bath)?
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 5:12 AM on May. 14, 2009

• during the day wake her up show her things to keep her up like flashy toys , also open blinds make it bright int he house during the day you gotta help her learn the diff between night and day . good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:28 AM on May. 14, 2009

• yep i had this prob too you just need to keep her awake more durring the day and if she naps wake her up after about an hour or so.
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 5:43 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My DD did the same exact thing..she just kind of grew out of it slowly. when shes awake during the day, put the lights on and make it bright. When shes awake during the night, make sure its dark and dont talk or play with her. Thats what i read when i was having problems. just sleep when she sleeps for now!
    MommyOfTwo720

Answer by MommyOfTwo720 at 6:21 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I did not have this problem with my son, but my daughter...oh dear. At first it was really tough and frustrating, but it did get better. During the day i kept it nice and bright in the house and played with her or talked with her lots and when i saw she got sleepy, right away she was put in the bedroom where it was darker. Eventually, even tho she was so small, it helped her learn when it was time for bed.
    dawn277

Answer by dawn277 at 6:28 AM on May. 14, 2009

• purchase a classical cd and play it softly in the room.... they work wonders
    BITTERSWEET72

Answer by BITTERSWEET72 at 6:35 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Wake her during the day! She'll gradually shift.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:29 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Bright lights, noise, and action during the days! Take her outside, play with her, talk to her, sing to her. Then at night start a bedtime routine so she can learn the cues of when it's time to calm down. Bath, nursing, read a book, bedtime. Low lights, soft music or no noise, talk in a low voice. At that age our DD was the same--midnight bedtime, it was so exhausting! At 5wks we started the bedtime routine at 6:30pm and she'd fall asleep by 7. So much better!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 9:21 AM on May. 14, 2009