my 2 mos. old baby boy's sick

my baby boy is sick.... and i feel so bad tht im not doing good as a mother. we went to his pedia this morning coz he's like snoring while breathing i mean there's sound while he breaths. and he cough a little. he's a bit feverish like T= 37.4 , but the doctor didnot give any medicine that he'll take coz he's ok. (not really serious fever) he said by tomorrow my baby's gonna be ok. but she advised me to put Nasal Drops (Salinase) every 6 hrs. can anyone give other suggestion what to do? im a first time mom. thanks

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 5:22 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• listen to your dr .
    babies get sick they need to fight it off themsleves or they wont have the immunity against it . also it is normal for a babies temp to be a little high i mena heck my 3 week old daughter last week at the dr had a temp of 100.1 and they said that was normal . just do what your dr told you to do and try not to worry .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:27 AM on May. 14, 2009

• sit in the bathroom with him close the door, turn on the hot shower and let him breath in the steam
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:45 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I believe in humidifiers or boiling a pot of water on the stove. It sounds like he is just a little dry, the moisture in the air will help him to breath a little easier.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 6:49 AM on May. 14, 2009

• First of all, relax! Babies can tune into your anxiety. If the Dr. isn't concerned, he's not that sick. Use the saline, get a humidifier, and like another poster said, sit in a steamy room with the shower going. Use this time to cuddle and bond and make your baby feel better :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 9:16 AM on May. 14, 2009