Eating eggs for the first time..please answer!

I was just wondering when the first time you gave your little one eggs? i thought it might be a year..but my DD is 11 1/2 months and just wondering if it would be okay to give her scrambled eggs?

MommyOfTwo720

Asked by MommyOfTwo720 at 6:19 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son ate them at 9 months
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:22 AM on May. 14, 2009

• mine ate them way before a year
    should be fine
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:43 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I don't see why not, all you can do is try and see if she can handle them, it should be ok.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 6:46 AM on May. 14, 2009

• The only reason to wait would be if someone in the family has an allergy to eggs. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. Mine ate eggs at 7 months.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:55 AM on May. 14, 2009

• They are okay to have eggs now however with the first time feeding them you are suppose to to feed them the white and wait a few days and thne try the yellow part..people can have different reaction to different parts...then you can give them the blended egg..my son is 8 months and has had them..but hates them, oh well
    AProudUSMCWife

Answer by AProudUSMCWife at 7:06 AM on May. 14, 2009

• From the web:

"Because of the fact that many children tend to be allergic to egg whites, doctors advise that you avoid egg whites altogether for the first year. If there is a family history of food allergy, then it might be worth excluding egg whites from your baby's diet for the first 2 years.

Well cooked egg yolk, however, can be given to your baby from 6 months of age."

We did this, yolks only, until age 1 with both of our boys... Whites for mommy, yolks for baby.
    mommyoftwoboys

Answer by mommyoftwoboys at 8:01 AM on May. 14, 2009

• If you have a family history, wait. Otherwise, go for it. My DD had them at 9 months--she loves scrambled eggs!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 9:14 AM on May. 14, 2009

• If there's a family history of allergies to ANYTHING wait. Otherwise you can try it. You pass on the tendency for allergies, NOT the actual allergy.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:00 PM on May. 14, 2009