What type of milk do you give your boys? Regular, 1 %, 2%, or fat free.

pumpkinpie112

Asked by pumpkinpie112 at 6:59 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Whole milk most of the time. But they also drink skim and 2 percent.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:02 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I give them whole milk.. maybe when they are older i will switch if they want i drink whole too
    thedivinemizm

Answer by thedivinemizm at 7:19 AM on May. 14, 2009

• We drink whole milk. I could handle 2% in cereal at a friend's house when I was a kid, but I only like whole. Anything else seems like I might as well drink water and since my husband & I prefer it-our son has done the same. **After complaining to my dad about how watery everything else seemed, he always told me that whole was the first pump from the tanker, then they washed it down that was 2%, 2nd wash was 1% and whatever else was leftover was the skim. lol**
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:29 AM on May. 14, 2009

• We drink 1% so that is what DS drinks.

By the way my doctor is the one who approves this!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:06 AM on May. 14, 2009

• my son age 3 drinks whole milk and the rest of us drink 1%. wonder if son can start drinking 1% im tired of buy 2 diffrent gallons lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:56 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I give my son, and my daughter's, 2% Organic Milk
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:40 AM on May. 14, 2009

• 2% for all 3 of our boys.. They had whole milk until they were 2 yrs old and then I switched to 2%.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:43 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My son drinks skim milk. He never had whole milk in his 13 years. He was on 2% at 8 months old.

tabbys4: your 3 yr old is plenty old enough to drink 1% milk, he can get the fat from other sources, like cheese and yogurt.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:34 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I gave my children boys and girls cows milk after it was refridgerated.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 1:59 PM on May. 14, 2009

• We have a human child, not a cow, so we use enriched rice or soy milk; I think that the fat content is equivalent to cow 2%.
    Plant based calcium is much healthier than animal based: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 7:28 PM on May. 14, 2009