Baby Tylenol?

My DH and I have been having a debate about when is it ok to give a baby tylenol. So, when do y'all give your baby tylenol?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 7:45 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine took it at hte hospital when he got his 2 month shots. they gave some to us, and said it was ok. It goes by their weight, and age.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 7:52 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I gave my son Tylenol until he was about 6 or 7 months for bad teething times. Then doc suggested I switch to Infant Motrin because it works better and is safer. Motrin is only to be used if infant is a least 6 months. He is now almost 10 months and I give him Motrin when he has alot of pain from teething and works great.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:38 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I give my daughter tylenol before her shots and every 4 hours after for the first 24 hours. I used it once for teething too, but then bought the Hylands teething tablets and they work very well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I don't give it too often. Usually after shots she's get one dose at the doc's office. If she wakes up teething, I"ll give her some. She hasn't had many fevers, but if it's over 101 I'll give her some. I was told to save the motrin for the higher fevers and for inflamation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 14, 2009

• For his first set of shots. I don't remember when those were ... 2 months?

Recently, he's been getting a dose about every other night. His two top teeth are coming in at the same time and has been SUPER crabby.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:49 AM on May. 14, 2009

• yea well tylenol is only suppost to be used at a certian fever temp..motrin too. let me look and ill post it.
    Victoriasmom23

Answer by Victoriasmom23 at 11:38 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I used to give my babies baby asprin, they didn't have baby tylinol. Now the doctors are saying that it doesn't work. If your baby is younger than a year I would give them maybe a half of one.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 1:47 PM on May. 14, 2009