introducing..

milk. My son is about to turn one, June 6th. But all week he hasn't wanted his similac milk. He wants regular food. And he doesn't really like juices for some reason. And I'm afraid he's going to get dehydrated. So, should I wait it out, or try mixing both milks for now? Would that hurt his belly? thanks

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 7:55 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We started at 11 months, replacing 1 bottle a day with a sippy cup of cow's milk. Each week we replaced another. The week she turned 1, she was on straight milk and we've had no issues at all.
    Feed him lots of fruits and water soluable vegetables and give him water in a cup. That might help! My LO didn't want to drink much at first, but in the last week or so (she's 13 mos tomorrow) she has started drinking everything in sight...I keep telling her she's going to get a hump on her back like a camel! :-)
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 9:11 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I think you could go ahead and introduce milk, just keep it in small amounts!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:58 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Unless you have a family history of dairy allergies, your son will probably be fine with milk straight up in a sippy. As for dehydration, just keep offering water and milk (juice is unnecessary so if he doesn't like it, no big deal) all throughout the day. I think even a few sips here and there should keep them hydrated.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 9:11 AM on May. 14, 2009

• yes my daughter is on gentelease form. so i was scared that it would hurt her belly but just mix the formula first and then put half milk.she loves it......and it wont hurt cause the formula has more iron in it. and she still likes straight formula too. good luck
    Victoriasmom23

Answer by Victoriasmom23 at 11:35 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Just go ahead and give him some milk, it wont hurt him, it will be good for him.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 1:43 PM on May. 14, 2009