Did you name you kids after anyone?

My son is a jr after his daddy... this baby will be named after family too.. a girl will be after 8 different people and a boy will have the first intial of his moms name (D) and a MN after my mom..

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:03 AM on May. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• My youngest daughter is named Nora Glenn. She is named after my mom's older sister, Nora, and my mom, Glenna. My mom died in 2000 at the age of 51 and a long time ago asked if I would name one of my children after her because she was named after her grandfather, Glen. So I did it. My Aunt Nora was my mom's best friend and was devastated when my mom died. She also told me once she hated her name because it was plain and boring. But I think her name is beautiful. She said she cried when she got the announcement and saw what I had named the baby.
    My son's middle name is Patrick which is my husband's first name and was his dad's first name.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:07 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I gave my children middle names after my family. My son is named after his daddy
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 8:07 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My daughter's middle name is Maria after my grandmother. My oldest son's middle name is Michael after my father and my youngest son's middle name is my maidan name.
    Twizlr

Answer by Twizlr at 8:18 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes. After my father, my husband's father, and my husband's (single) brother.

Answer by Bmat at 8:23 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes, all 3 of our boys are named after late great grandfathers and grandfathers.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:45 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My son was given his first name by his birthmother and were able to choose his middle name. We were expecting a girl and did not have a boy's name. So I picked a name of the cutest boy I knew at the school I worked at. And that is how my child ended up with his name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My fiance insisted our son had his grandfather's first name as his middle name. I've always felt that kids deserve their own name because they are different people and have their own shoes to fill and life to live, so we don't do Jr.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:51 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My first two childer are named after dad and gram with same names. My sister had a girl and named her after my hubbys mother. When my third child was born I gave her just the same initails and my sister was like WHo is she named after. Kinda rudely but I like the fact that her initials are all one letter!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes, my son was named after Apostles and Saints. The second part of his first name is his father's confirmation name.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:17 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Our 1st son is named after DH. 2nd son his middle name is for DH's Dad. 3rd son his middle name is after my Dad. Daughter her middle name is from me. How we got their names is quite another story. Except for our 1st son. That was a given.
    Country220

Answer by Country220 at 9:26 AM on May. 14, 2009