Death, Angels and Demons...

I have heard many people say that "she's gone to be with the angels" and others say well "she's an angel now" - So which is it. When you die if you believe that the dead go to heaven do they become angels? Or do they just live with them?? And if you believe they become angels when they go to heaven wouldn't that mean that they would become demons if they go to hell? And since demons would enjoy hell wouldn't that mean that hell would actually be just as great as heaven is supposed to be?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, we do not become angels when we go to Heaven.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:03 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I believe there is a Heaven and hell. And no the person does not become an angel or demon. It just where they will be after their life here.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on May. 14, 2009

• i beleave in heven and hell and from my understanding they dont become angels they just hang out in heaven and have a grand old time lol. as for hell thats were they rot and burn for the deeds that they did. but as for now i just dont know guess i will find out some day. (:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:11 AM on May. 14, 2009

• If you are refering to christian beleif then no they do not become an angel.
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 9:26 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I believe that angels are a completely different species then humans, so when a person dies, they can not become one. Also, I don't believe in hell, so that's that. But, I do think that some ghosts may think they are demons because they have had their religion told to them so much that they think they have to be a demon because angels and demons are the only unseen beings (other then the holy spirit) that are on earth.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:36 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I actually do not believe we become angels - I believe angels are a completely different species.
    I also do not believe in Hell... or demons... or Satan....
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:12 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I am with Ashley and bandgeek.
    Humans can't be Angels, as Angels were never in human form.
    I also don't believe in Hell or Satan, but I do believe in spirits that have never had a human form, some call them elementals - these can be quite malicious on occasion and are often mistaken for demons.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:30 AM on May. 14, 2009

• neither. Those that go to Heaven obtain glorified bodies and those that go to hell do not.

1 Corinthians 15:35-56 explains it . New Living Translation is best to read it in. ( it is a translation version )
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:42 AM on May. 14, 2009

• The angels that I know personally are creatures of pure spirit. They have NEVER been incarnated on this planet or any other. They show up in the religion of other cultures, not just the Judeo-Christian religion. The Babylonian god El Baal has a lion body, a man's head, and six wings like an archangel. The goddess Isis is always depicted with a pair of wings. And so on.

Those who cross over to the Other Side--both human and animal--can become spirit guides (we all have at least one and they have always had at least one incarnation). Our loved ones visit their families often and keep an eye on them, so they are guardians in that way. But they never become angels. We work to become higher beings while we are here. Many higher beings are teachers on the other side. The angels and higher beings work to help suicides and dark entities to learn and grow.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:31 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Exactly as Ashley and Bandgeek said. Angels are angels. They are never human and humans are never angels. When we die we go to spirit and maybe that is what people mean by "she's an angel now" but it's actually that we're living WITH the angels. Although, we can become guides for those in life so in some respect we are like angels.

And ditto...there is no hell or demons. "Evilish" spirits but no demons.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 2:17 PM on May. 14, 2009