• In the Spotlight:

More Hypocrisy from our fearless leaders?

I got an email this morning from the White house. (of course I was flipping out because somehow Obama got my email address, but I signed up at Whitehouse.gov years ago- conspiracy theory blown.)

Headline outside of email from AP: Senate and House meet behind closed doors to discuss new healthcare reform.

Line of email regarding healthcare reform: This process should be transparent (HAH!) and inclusive, and the product should be. . .

Anyone else think our Congress is nothing more than a bunch of slimy, overpaid used car salespeople that are only looking out for their own careers and are afraid we'll hear what they are REALLY saying and then get fired next year?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:09 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• HEY!! Thanks Lori, someone did read my ramblings, I was a little loopy yesterday, to be answering serious CafeMom questions probably wasn't a good idea.
    If anyone is interested, Dick Morris on his website has an excellent video on how Obama will socialize the healthcare industry next. The video is probably about 5 days old and in it he states this will come in the next few days, so I suppose Morris was right again. And thus, the reason for the closed doors. Everyone really needs to watch closely to these healthcare reforms this week and watch what Obama does rather than listen to his words.
    Just like with the Interrogation photo's even though he refused to release them, he will allow the ACLU to go to court and have them released when IF HE WAS SERIOUS about not releasing them, he could simply sign an executive order. Which he loves to do but won't in this case.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:57 AM on May. 14, 2009

• BTW, I will gladly forward the email to anyone that sends me their email address, and the article was right outside my inbox in the news links this morning.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:14 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I think they all see the "writing on the wall" and that's why we're seeing such a rush for signing bills, passing laws and many closed-door meetings....they know their days are numbered, so they're enjoying the power and the spending spree while it lasts.

Akinbottom2 said it best yesterday! (paraphrasing) Obama is ALL about accomplishing something--checking things off of his personal agenda--and NOTHING about following through on anything, or giving a moments thought about the decades long negative impact his decisions will have on this country.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:18 AM on May. 14, 2009

• OH, akin, I missed yesterday. It was nice out, and we were outside all day.

I think your quote from Lorikeet is exactly right- Obama loves checking things off. This Congress is more slippery than a snake oil salesman, and they are taking advantage of the lack of checks right now.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:09 AM on May. 14, 2009