Im so overwhelmed!

Im having a baby shower at my home in 9 days. My place is clean but cluttered because I have 2 young kids. I am so overwhelmed. I need to get this place organized. Where do I start? Do you have any organization tips that could help me out? Do you have any decorating ideas cause Im not that great at that either. Lol.

Any suggestions would be a help.

Thanks for your help in advance. I appreciate it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Definately start one room at a time and find a permanant spot for EVERYTHING. That way, you can start now, and keep up on it daily, and when the 9 days is up you wont have to clean all over again :) My daily routine is to get up in the morning and make the beds, pick up any dirty clothes that people threw on the floor the day before, do the dishes, and pick up clutter. It takes me about 30-45 minutes in the morning to keep up with the housework, which is much easier than doing it once a week for hours. Then, if I see the floors getting dirty, or the bathrooms.. I just clean those real quick about once a week. Dusting is much easier if you do that every few days as your cleaning clutter from the tables/stands/shelves. Just take a damp cloth along with you and wipe it down. I'm a bit of a neat freak sometimes, but thats how I do it :) The decorating thing... I cant help you with..LOL. Never been too good at that.
    MistyAB

Answer by MistyAB at 9:52 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Since you don't have alot of time to do what I call, Spring Cleaning, I would do this. I would get 2 cardboard boxes or 2 rubbermaid containers for each room needing de-cluttering. Take out everything that makes the room stuffy, things are aren't needful, and the items that don't fit with the decor. I would take out items that make the room feel cluttered. Put them in the boxes and label them. Store them in the basement, attic or garage nicely and neatly till after the party.

The next week, take one room and look at all the items that are in the box and decide if these truly are items you want to keep in the room. If they are new, you might want to keep them and cycle them back in later in the season to make the room feel new. If they are older and don't really match your decor, put them in a yardsale. Decluttering makes your home feel warmer and more organized. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:22 PM on May. 14, 2009

• if you don't need it, and it doesn't have sentimental value, box it up and get rid of it..so start at one room, and start boxing until you've gone through all the rooms... either throw it out, or drop it off at salvation army, or a church for donation..

Now with what you have left.. just try to keep things together that belong together...
    ex. in the kitchen.. be sure to have your groceries seperated... cans in one cupboard.. boxes in another.. etc.. living room/ bedroom.. get some large baskets to put toys in. etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:14 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Try www.flylady.com There is something there for when you have C.H.A.O.S. (Can't have anyone over syndrome!), and there are step-by step directions. It really helps me when I start to feel overwhelmed. Hope it helps! Good luck!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 9:49 AM on May. 15, 2009