Am I over-reacting over some photographs?

Back at Christmas time my sister called me up and asked me to send her some pictures of my son so she could make me a scrap book. I told her that I wasn't comfortable sending them in the mail, because they are originals and I would be devastated if something happened to them. We ended up driving the 8 hours to go see her in February and I brought my pictures (probably 3/4 of the photos I have of my son) and left them with her. She said she would return them in March when she came to visit us. Well, March came and went and she didn't come for a visit. Come May she did come down to Texas to spend some time with the family here. She texted me when she got home from my moms and told me she had forgotten to give me the photos, so I asked if she would just drop them off on her way home. She informed me that her husband wanted to go through the town a half hour west of me. (Continued)

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 9:20 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• scan the pix and have them on disk. Then you can email them to whoever wants them and have them handy in case of a disaser (flood, hurricane, fire, etc)

Answer by admckenzie at 9:24 AM on May. 14, 2009

• next time, go to walmart and have copies made of your originals. That's what I do...
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:24 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Oh yeah... and keep your originals, give out the copies.
    VeronicaLee

• I pretty much begged and cried for her to just come through here instead, it's only a half hour from where "her hubby" wanted to go through, and meets with the same exact highway they were taking back home. I told her that the photos were VERY VERY important to me and reminded her that they were irreplaceable and invaluable to me. I also pointed out that I never really wanted to leave them with her in the first place. She never stopped by to drop them off, never bothered to call and tell me why she didn't bring them and certainly didn't offer up an apology. Am I wrong for being mad? I don't even want to talk to her. It just seems so inconsiderate since she knew how important they are to me. Now she is saying I can have them back at the end of the year when she visits again...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:25 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Ooo, we are talking about hundreds of pictures. There are no copies, I just thought I could trust her to return them when she said she would.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:26 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Hell with that, I would not wait just drive yourself and get them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on May. 14, 2009

• If you want them back, you had better go get them. I wonder if maybe she's already lost them and just doesn't want to tell you!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:29 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I would be mad also. I guess if they were that important to me I would have told her I'd meet her a half hour away from your house and got them. I would also tell her you were going to come get them and soon your just getting your agenda together.. cause she may have lost or damaged your pictures and that may be the only way to find out the truth. Good luck
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:32 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I don't want to have to drive 16 hours to go get my pictures, I just can't believe she thinks I should want to talk and be best friends with her right now. I think what she did was really messed up and I don't want to talk to her.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:33 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I'd be upset, but you sound like you're about to lose it. If you want the pictures back so bad then you need to go and get them. Does your sister have kids? Then most likely she doesn't understand the importance of the pictures to you. I agree with PP, scan them and send a disk next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on May. 14, 2009