How long do you give a seller before reporting them to Ebay?

I bought a pair of sunglasses last friday and I haven't received the notification about them sending it.. I've sent 2 messages asking about what time I should expect to get them (very nicely) and one just now about how I might have to report them if I don't get a response soon. (again nicely) I've never had this problem in the 3 years of using ebay usually I would get a message telling me that the product that I bought was on it's way within 3 days of buying it.. what do you think I should do? How long do you give them before saying something. THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• I would go ahead and report them to Ebay. They have 3 days to notify you. Leave negative feedback...
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:52 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I believe it tells you that you have to wait 30 days before you can report a seller. Just bc they don't tell you they sent it doesn't mean they didn't send it. Perhaps they are ill and can't get online or computer is down or on vacation. Ebay will tell you to be patient.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:54 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My hubby and I usually wait 7 days..That is MORE then enough time
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 12:35 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I have it set up on my ebay that I will have purchases shipped within ten days of being paid. Now, if someone emailed me, I would respond immediately. So it is weird that they haven't responded. But if it has only been 6 days, I wouldn't worry quite yet.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 2:26 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Ebay etiquette says 7 days unless it is coming from overseas then it is 2 weeks. open adispute.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 3:34 PM on May. 14, 2009

• 7 days should be more than enough time, and if the person can't be responsible enough to ship it in time they don't need to be selling on Ebay or Craigslist. Good luck!!!!
    Anonymous