Adenoids - food suggetions?

My daughter is having her adenoids removed next week. She's 2 and not a picky eater at all. Any suggestions of good foods to stuck up on for after the surgery? I figure pudding and yogurt but would like something healthier, too if possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Ice cream, jello, applesauce. Chicken broth. Her throat will be really sore for atleast a week, nothing rough or that has sharp edges. My son had his tonsils and adnenoids out and he only ate soft foods. She may not even want to eat for a couple of days and that is ok, just make sure she is drinking clear liquids and NOTHING red or purple--just incase she were to start bleeding. My son didn't like anything cold after his surgery...it had to be room temperature. The hospital staff will also let you know what she can and cannot eat.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 AM on May. 14, 2009

• If it's just her adenoids and not her tonsils too she can eat whatever she likes. Her adenoids are in the back of her nose... unlike the tonsils that are in the throat.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:08 AM on May. 14, 2009

• For adenoids, there won't be any diet restrictions but you can give her some of her favorite food just to make her feel better after the anesthesia.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:12 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Thanks. The paperwork said soft foods but didn't say how long. I'm going shopping this weekend so I don't have to run out to the store after she has the surgery.
    Anonymous