my son gags in between feedings

anyone else's infant gag in between feedings? I was told it's mild acid reflux. he was just doing once in a while but now it's more often. i just called the dr's office am waiting for the nurse to call back. he is 10 wks old.

amys2boys

Asked by amys2boys at 10:00 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you burping him halfway through his feeding or only at the end when he is done? He may just be gassy, a lot of babies require a "mini" burp in the middle to help stop spit up after all is said and done.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:02 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Also another thing is to keep him upright, dont' put him on his back. Either keep him on his tummy or sit him up in your lap. My daughter had reflux and it's just sad to see your child go through that
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:15 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I do burp him midway and I also try to keep him upright for about 30 minutes after he eats.
    amys2boys

Answer by amys2boys at 1:10 PM on May. 15, 2009