Can your 3 yr old open childsafe tops???

You know the child proof tops on the medicine bottles...the ones you have to push down and twist to open...well my 3 year old figured out how to do it. I DID NOT show her. Her vitamens were sitting on the kitchen counter and next thing I know she comes to me in the living room and says "mommy I have to take my itamen" and shows me that she got the top off. I always make sure they are on tight..ho wdid sh efigure it out, now I have to lock even the vitamens up.....wow, she is a smart one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• child proof items are to slow them down a little not prevent them from getting in. I alway said if you can't open it give it to a child.lol
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:53 PM on May. 14, 2009

• my 18 month old can open child proof caps!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:32 AM on May. 14, 2009

• oh gosh my daughter is that same age and does the same thing. its hard to raise a smart kid!!!!
    lexirose84

Answer by lexirose84 at 1:02 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yep, all my kids can. I think that the term child proof is an oxymoron... there is no such things. We child proofed out aprt when our first was little. He could pull out all the socket protectors, figureed out how to get into the cabnets, the fridge and the tolielt, and that door handle cover thing was a complete waste of money... well not a total waste.. it was very entertaining to watch how many adults could not open the front door.... even more entertaining to watch a drunk friend try and figure it out for almost an hour.;
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:56 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Given enough time, a child will figure out any child-proof item. Yep, lock everything up. A simple, portable filing cabinet box with a padlock on it can work or they make special locking boxes for drugs.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:14 PM on May. 14, 2009