A "fun" question for pagans (or anyone who wants to answer).

Well, I am listening to Dreamer by Ozzy Osbourne and I notice that that song in particular has a lot of Pagan references/ideals in it. So, what do you ladies think?

-Ashley

P.S. Disclaimer: This post was not made with theexpress intent to offend anyone. The poster sincerly apologizes to anyone who is offended or feels that their toes have been stepped on. The poster is just curious and a little silly today (can't you tell! lol)

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:29 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's Ozzy, he also talks about barking at moons, Mr. Crowley lol, consider the source lol. Oh and I do like Ozzy :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:35 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I always put more of an environmentalist slant on it than anything. One of the causes they've picked up now that they're "The Osbournes" instead of just The Prince of F'n Darkness and wife.

A lot of Ozzy's occult background is show. Tony Iommi was the one who really got into that stuff and Ozzy just sang what he was given. He's actually a Christian.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:36 AM on May. 14, 2009

• i do like ozzy, but i've never noticed it. i'll have to go back and listen now, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:41 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I think Ozzy is Christian...or at least believes in God but obviously not all the dogma.....a lot of other songs seem to point to that.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:47 AM on May. 14, 2009

• It's funny when people accuse artists like Ozzy of being Satanists....when they are actually Christian. I've seen them say that about Dave Mustaine of Megadeth too...he's a born-again! LOL Get it straight people.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:50 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan, and they referenced paganism a lot. It's hard to catch if you don't know what you're listening for. =)
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:24 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Lets not leave out CCR's Pagan Baby
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:27 AM on May. 14, 2009

• There are a lot of wonderful songs that have decidedly pagan lyrics - Loreena McKennitt, for example - most of her music is very pagan-esque, and I heard recently that she's actually Episcopalian! LOL. I guess you just can't tell a person's beliefs by their music, huh?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:35 AM on May. 14, 2009

• LZ really got into it. Just The Immigrant Song alone, but then they also got into a lot of the fictionalized lore, like Ramble On, where they're basically singing about Lord of the Rings.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:58 AM on May. 14, 2009

• That song is actually my ringback tone on my phone. And it's because of the lyrics that I chose it. he sends a really positive message with that song. "i'm just a dreeeeeeeamer, who dreams of better dayyyyyyyyyyyyyys...." (now that song is back in my head again, just listened to it with my kids on myspace ha ha) I especially like the verse "your higher power may be God or Jesus Christ, it really doesn't matter much to me, without each other's help there ain't no hope for us...." good point.... :) "Religiously" speaking that is.

Very earth friendly song(another reason I chose it), and I guess as such can be construed as a "Pagan-Based" song, sort of.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:11 PM on May. 14, 2009