He is not standing behind me....

My SO and I have been togther for 3+ years and have a wonderful baby boy. When we got togther I went to college away, dropped out came home. Started a Community College in the spring went 2 sem. dropped out, I didnt know what I wanted to do. I went back last fall and stopped after I had our son. I didnt know what I wanted, but I went to make everyone happy. I know what I want to do now. I want to become a Midwife. 1st step is to become a Doula though, So I am so excited about this and he says do what ever you want. He doesnt really say go for it. I know he doesnt want me to take the class due to the money, but I spoke with the school and they are going to help me pay for it, its 350.00 but she said I will deff. get it for 250.00 and then I can volunteer and stuff to work some off. I am a stay at home mom, I have no income comming in, we're building a house, but I can make the 250 and more back with 1 birth... what do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• if it's what you want to do, go for it!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:33 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Well, please don't mistake his attitude as indifference or lack of confidence in you. He probably just wants you to be happy and feels as though it is up to you to make that happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Please really consider what you are going to school for, and also keep track of your credits. For both reasons, if you spin your wheels in school without any direction (whether undecided or not career strategic), FAFSA does keep track. It doesn't matter if you have paid for former credits your self (or however), it will all count against you later on. Decide now on a strategic career decision, like medical or financial. Nursing and accounting are most successful at job landing.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:40 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Go for it, y ou have to do it for yourself and no one else. Maybe your husband is just worried about you going to school, getting a career and not being around for him. That he will have to help out more. Men can be weird little creatures.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:52 AM on May. 14, 2009

• GO FOR IT!!!! You have to care about your wants and needs as well as others in the household. He needs to understand that you are going aftre your DREAM and in order to accomplish it, you need his support!! After school is said and done, he will thank you for the income coming in :)

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 12:23 PM on May. 14, 2009

• See if your community college, or a local university, has a nursing school. Lay midwives are not legal in most states, and where they are, the insurance has become incredibly expensive. You will be much more secure financially if you become and RN, work in labor and delivery, and go on to get a Masters Degree in nurse/midwifery.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 PM on May. 14, 2009