Selling PartyLite at a school yard sale......

Do you think it will be a good idea to sell PartyLite at a school yard sale and what products should I bring. People usually buy cheaper stuff at this kind of sale but it never hurts to try. I am trying to get more people to book shows..... any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think it is great idea you will have lots of people there wish someone would have sold them at ours GOOD LUCK!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 10:35 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I say go for it. I usually do events to help get my name out and to allow people to see the products in person. If you want you can have a drawing for a small item and use drawing slips to allow people to express their interest in hosting a party or purchasing more products. Ask them if they want to join your mailing list too. If you don't make a lot of sales you still have the opportunity to make a lot of contacts. Good luck.

Loretta
    Scentsy Ind. Director
    http://www.saferscents.com

bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 10:46 AM on May. 14, 2009

• It's a really good idea! What kind of inventory do you already have? Bring more of the cheaper items with only a few of the more expensive ones, and have a catalog on hand. Also, bring a notebook or something, in case people want to be a part of your 'mailing' list
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:35 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I would host a raffle. Even if no one buys anything then you still have dozens of leads cards for potential customers. Have a big sign that says "FREE CANDLES" and have them sign up for the chance to win a free gift bag. Offer a free gift for anyone willing to host a party in the next two weeks. Tell them that they get the free gift when you arrive to their home for the party. At yard sales and craft fairs don't expect to sell much. Its not really the place but that doesn't mean its not worth your time to go!!! Make sure your raffle tickets have an area where they fill out name, address, email, and two phone numbers. Good Luck.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:11 PM on May. 14, 2009

• School yard sales are generally to benefit the school, not the parents. Unless you are planning to donate product to the school, you need to check and make sure that this will be allowed.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Also, give out your business cards and fliers!~
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:36 AM on May. 15, 2009