What would you do if you had the chance to get back with your true love?

I am happily engaged and due to be married in August. Ialso have a son on the way & a 3 year old daughter from another man. I used to date this guy in high school about 5 or 6 years ago, from the end of 8th grade until sophmore or junior year. So we dated for a long time,we wanted to get married...eventually & we wanted kids one day... & we were completly in love...well we both decided to break up, over one dumb figh & some rumors. & I have never been able to forget him. I kept all our stuff(pictures, jewerly, etc...) & I tried many times to get him back. Now even though I still love him as much as ever, I had started building a life with my fiance and tried to move on & now my old boyfriend is giving me the chance to get back with him. Although I love my fiance,I feel I will never love anyone like I love my old boyfriend, so I just want to know if I should follow my heart or move on like I had been trying???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I can't tell you what to do but in my situation I would give up most everything to go back and feel the way I felt with my "true love"...
    Anonymous

• You can't go back.Don't give up on your fiance for a chance that this might work out with your ex.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:42 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Nope I am married to my true love
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:50 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I would go back to him in a heartbeat, but then again I am single so there would be no issue there. He knows that I am in love with him and will always be, he just needs to open his eyes and see where he really belongs. The relationship he is in will self combust eventually because he is lying to her and cheating on her, he is in the relationship for all the wrong reasons and it will eventually ruin the relationship.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:57 AM on May. 14, 2009

• People change and you guys are probably both totaly different people then you were back then. I say dont do it. It is probably lust now. I dont think anyone ever forgets their first true love.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 10:57 AM on May. 14, 2009

• WOW, if I was you fiance I would not want you...

You have to follow your heart...
    and if you do not do that...it is not fair to your fiance....

Imagine sleeping next to someone for years and that person is still in love with someone else..
    Not fair to him, you need to let your fiance know what your heart is saying...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:08 AM on May. 14, 2009

• You must learn to to tell the difference between in love and infatuated, then you'll know exactly what to do.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:09 AM on May. 14, 2009

• You really can't go back. I dated a guy for about a year and was totally in love, we broke up and he moved far away, 10 years later he came back around, we got back together, moved in together, even had a child together.....it lasted about 5 years. The feelings I had for him weren't based on who he was now, they were based on the fantazy I had of him all those years. Once you put those feelings away on a shelf you can't get them out again, I suggest you keep the relationship you have now and just put those old feelings away. Good Luck!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:46 PM on May. 14, 2009

• 8th grade until sophmore or junior year

That was young love, this is now. You will never forget the first young love but, to ask a question like this shows you ARE NOT ready to get married .And you are not happily engaged or you wouldn't be having these thoughts at all.

Anonymous