3d ultrasound

when is the best time to get it done? what week should i go get the 3d ultrasound done?

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 10:50 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YOUR DR WILL TELL YOU WHEN ITS BEST BUT I AM DOING IT BETWEEN 24 AND 28 WEEKS
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 11:04 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My doctor told me around 24-26 weeks. You dont want too little amniotic fluid.. it really helps with the pictures.
    With my first my hospital was just getting a 3D machine ( I lived in a small town) so i got one at 30 weeks. It did not turn out at all!!

With this one i didnt get one, but the doctor said if i were going to to get it done around 24-26 weeks for the best pictures. :D
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:07 AM on May. 14, 2009

• thats too early.. the places that actually do the 3/4d ultrasounds will tell you the best is between 28-34 weeks.

i got it done at 29 and my babygirl looks awesome!!! you have to increase your water intake for like 3 days before you get it done, that helps the pictures come out better as well and avoid cafeine in those three days too..
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 11:28 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I just got mine done at 31 weeks and it was great! it was my mother's day present, the pictures were great even though the baby slept through the whole ultrasound.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:44 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Later on in the pregnancy when the baby is more mature.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 5:57 PM on May. 14, 2009