When you go out to eat...

Where do (or did) you put the infant car seat???

Just a question I thought to ask cause I hate using those slings. I don't feel they're safe if your in a busy resturant. Last time we went out we flipped a high chair over and used it that was but don't really like that either. We usually put the seat in the booth with us.

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 10:54 AM on May. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• We'd ask for a booth and squeeze the infant car seat carrier into it so she could look at me sitting next to her. Between the back of the booth and the table, it held it very stable.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:55 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I've used/done it all. I wasn't picky. I think the slings were questionable but I hardly took my eyes off my son.. so I knew he was okay.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:56 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I always get a big boothe and sit the seat on the table that way i can rock it if she gets fussy and shes closer to the light which usually keeps her attention
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:00 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I used to flip a high chair upside down. I liked that the best. I will do it agian with this one.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:02 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I've used both. They seem secure to me, but of course, we were right there the whole time. Now my daughter sits in the highchair (with our cover over it).
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:03 AM on May. 14, 2009

• We usually just crammed it between the seat and table if there was room. Our seat never really fit on those flipped over high chairs. The one buffet place we went to a lot when our youngest was a baby didn't have booths big enough for us so we had to sit at a table and we just put the carseat on the end where the empty seat was at. The baby usually slept the whole time anyway.
    Once they were old enough to sit in a high chair we stopped bringing the carseat in (that was around 5 months).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:04 AM on May. 14, 2009

• we always sat at booths near the wall so we could put him on the table with the car seat back to the wall. the handle flipped all the way down on the car seat and was non-skid, which meant he never went anywhere.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:10 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I used the sling things. never had any problems with that. If they ddin't have one, then we used the high chair.
    Anonymous

• In our area we have asked for a highchair and they have told us that the slings can only be used with the carrier, so we started to get booths. I never minded the flipped over highchair, but I am with everyone else, I think the slings are questionable.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:35 PM on May. 14, 2009

• if there was room i would put it on the seat, oif not, it went on the table
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:22 PM on May. 14, 2009