What would you say? ( about wal-mart)

My paycheck was stolen from work on the 1st the man that stole it went to our local wal-mart and cashed it!!! You have to show I.D. when it's over $100.00, which it was, I thought that you always had to show I.D. to cash a payroll check. but anyways he was obviously not Carrie N@$# (me) he signed his name to the back of the check . The clerk either was in on it, a friend to him or paid absolutly no attention didn't even look at the name on the check or what was endorsed. I am so upset I still haven't gotten paid from this my check was stolen on the 1st. So when I talk to the manager at wal-mart about it they took no responsibility not even an apology. I plan to contact corporate, so what would you demand be done?

CarrienKansas

Asked by CarrienKansas at 11:18 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would demand that the employee that cashed the check be suspended at least, as well as reimbursement for your money that they gave to someone else. THEN I would take it to your local news station and report it to them (but I am just vindictive like that)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:20 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I would demand another check today!!

Once my husband went to get his check, and the manager gave him a different andrews check. It was like Andrew little or something not andrew anderson!

We went to go cash it, and they called the cops on us! WE DIDNT EVEN PAY ATTENTION to the last name so it wasnt our fault. We just assumed that the manager gave him the right check! LOL

Maybe something like that happened, but i would want another check IMMEDIANTLY!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:21 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I am feeling a little vindictive myself only because no one has apologized for there mistake and act like I'm crazy.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 11:21 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I did but they tried to put a stop payment on it , bunch of bull really it's supposed to be here friday and yes he may have been given my check ao accident but he cashed my check and then cashed his the next day he knew what he was doing.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 11:27 AM on May. 14, 2009

• My post says it's locked for editing whats up with that? I'm not editing it?
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 11:32 AM on May. 14, 2009

• That's Walmart for you. They probably had a long line and just processed things as quickly as possible. The person who cashed it probably makes barely over minimum wage and couldn't care less about looking at checks. Call corporate and go from there. Whining about it won't get you anywhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 14, 2009

• So I guess that makes it all okay I'll just stop WHINING!
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 11:36 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I would call corporate wal-mart and possibly contact a lawyer? I ALWAYS have to show I.D. when I cash a check and obviously the clerk did not pay attention at all to what he/she was doing. I would demand they give you the money for your check AND SOME for all your trouble and them allowing someone else to cash your check. Sue! I would!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:50 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I think that the only legal thing you could do was to go to the police station about the check being stolen. How does Walmart know you are not making it up? Unless you have proof, there is not much they can do. If he did steal it, it doesn't take much to get a fake ID make up either, so unless you know for sure, Walmart can't be held responsible.
    Anonymous

• He signed his name to the back of my check my company has the copy, thats all the proof they should need to at least look into it.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 1:07 PM on May. 14, 2009