Have you seen Ron Paul's approval ratings?

Talk radio stated last week they were in the 90% areas but I can't find anything post election about it.

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 11:33 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The GOP would be remiss in continuing to ignore the faction of the Republican Party represented by Ron Paul. Granted, 18 months ago the more libertarian leaning part of the party was a rather insignifigant minority, but it's something that has been gaining speed rapidly across party lines. Every day there is a Ron Paul video in the top ten on Google. Every day I get emails from the Campaign for Liberty talking about the huge strides they're making.
    It would be a start just to see a bill with his name on it get passed. THAT would tell me that the establishment is starting to pay attention.
    Also, Dr. Paul's son, Dr. Rand Paul has formed an exploratory committee to look into running for Senate in '10. Keep an eye on it, I can see the younger Dr. Paul being an interesting force with the backing of Dr. Paul the elder.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 8:37 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Oh you can tell his ratings are way up,,,Maybe the republican party would be wise to let HIM be their barometer...THAT would gain ALOT of bi-partisan votes
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:35 AM on May. 14, 2009

• i would vote for him!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:41 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm considering him as an option if he runs again. Either party has really pi**ed me off lately.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:46 AM on May. 14, 2009

I think there are many that felt that way in this last election..but repubs wouldn't put him on the ticket and alot of people think a 3rd party vote is a throw away...Maybe Paul can change that? Or maybe pubs will wise up, dump the religious right crap and get back to fiscal conservatism....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:49 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Macaroni and cheese for dinner with ribs and coconut cake umm I cant wait

Anonymous

• If Ron Paul had been the Rep nominee I would have had a very difficult decision to make last year. I very likely would have voted for him. '

Too bad the Rep party won't take him seriously.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:22 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I just love him. As a Libertarian, it's my hope that he won't be considered a throw away vote in the future.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:25 PM on May. 14, 2009

Do you think he is strong enough to change that perception? My old boss and I used to talk about this all the time. He voted 3rd party because he hoped one day they would get the % needed to get the same funding...I said in 2004 Colin Powell should run as an indie and he could get enough to kick start that 3rd party as a contender...Do you think Ron Paul could be that person now???

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:27 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Wouldn't it be such a relief if he were President? (as long as he had enough votes in Congress that every move he made wouldn't be blocked)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:28 PM on May. 14, 2009