I havent been BF for more than a month

I stopped BF more than a month ago and sometimes I still leak! I didnt want to give up on it, I really enjoyed it and my son is only 15 weeks old NOW! So the big fat ? is can I start up again or not? I dont think I can, but I may call my doc and see if yo guys think I might be able too!!

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 11:35 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well you can always try it and see if your son takes to the breast again, if he does, then pump, pump, pump to get your milk supply up
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:36 AM on May. 14, 2009

• yes you can still breastfeed... you might have to work on getting your supply back and getting him to latch but it can be done.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:36 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I dont leak everday though!and when I do its tiny!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 11:38 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Put that child to breast and let him nurse. You will probably have to work on supply a lot, but you can still nurse him. Adoptive mother's do it so you can too. It is called relactating and if you do a google search you should find lots of info.

I would get a high quality pump and a supplemental nursing system. Start putting him to breast and using formula in the supplemental nursing system and your supply should start coming back up. Pump one side while he eats on the other and use the milk in the SNS and get some fenugreek or ask the doc for a script.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:31 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yes u can ! just call your lactation speacialist they will tell u everything u need to kno
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 12:40 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yep heres a web site about it
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html
    Its called relactation or induced lactation...even adopting moms can do it, you can too
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:22 PM on May. 14, 2009