Has anyone had too?

I have a 14 month old dd and she is allergic to milk and soy not possible wheat and they are going to remove some tissue from the gut and check out the insides of here and make sure nothing is going on there. but has anyone had to go from letting there baby eat to a complete elemination diet were they can have no food jsust hypoallerginic formula

abbibaileylily

Asked by abbibaileylily at 11:41 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Also, she could just have a spasming illiocical valve that needs to be adjusted. its hard i know, good luck.
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:22 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes nowadays many parents have your same problem my friend went from given everything to her son to eliminating everything such as wheat, peanut, soy, milk, legumes. It was terrible. The allergist says that the child could go back to the past diet if everything goes well by hes teen years. Very strange what's going on these days with children getting sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 14, 2009

• What symptoms does she have??? I would try a non-gluten diet. Thats what they would be testing for is celiac disease, which means you can't tolerate gluten. I haven't had to eliminate her diet. Just watch what she eats/drinks and how she reacts. Also, chiropractors/natural doctors can test her for allergies. I would try any and every possibility before letting them take a stomach sample. look up allergy docs in your area. My daughter can not have whole milk, we had to switch to 2%. Soy milk made my DD constipated. After have her tested by a chiropractor, we
    found out that she was also allergic to oats, which upset her stomach so bad. non-Gluten diets are an easy way to clean out your system, while still being able to eat. Let me know.
    casd

Answer by casd at 11:55 AM on May. 14, 2009

• They have already tested for a celica desiese when she was younger and it can back fine that i know of. She has had a major surgery and now she is not going to the bathroom properly they have to go in and make sure that ther is no obstruction anywere and while they are in there they are going to take some samples so they dont have to go back in, in the furture because you cannot scope her from the throat becasuse she has had a Nissen Fundolopication so they would not be able to get into the stomache that way.. We have always been on a NO milk on soy diet I dont want to go to a total ellimination diet and the GI dr does not either he said we would check all of our options before doing this.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• i know some people will totally disagree with this but, normal docs get paid by what procedures they perform. They probally don't want you to go to a natural doctor, and would not reccommend it because it would be a loss of money on the docs part. Has she been allergy tested??
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• She has not they want to wait until she is two they saud that she was too small. We go to church with a chiropractor who does ajust her and she still recommends GI just because of the poor wight gaing and not pooping issue. The spicncter that you were talking about is that the one in your neck if so it cannot be that one because they habe done a Nissen to correct that .
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:50 PM on May. 14, 2009

• check this out- about the iliocical valve. http://www.nspforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1156
    casd

Answer by casd at 1:14 PM on May. 14, 2009