i need help understanding the Wickin religion.

My husband is Wickin and im christian. I dont have a problem with his religion i just dont understand it con someone try to explain it in simple terms. I want to have a better understanding of his religion because when our son is born i want to be able to understand both religions that we are going to teach him about.

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 11:59 AM on May. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Go HERE and HERE and try this one HERE too

Afterwards just google Wicca or Wiccan.

I would also suggest that you and your dh sit down and talk about his religion and his practice, if you don't have a clue of it.  Apparently you are accepting if you married him knowing he was Wiccan and it's time to share what he knows to you so that you will understand it more.Now keep in mind the views that your dh has are not nor will be the same as all Wiccans that is why I suggest reading that link and then google more links.

Good Luck and Blessed Be my Dear

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:09 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Wicca is a very earth-friendly religion. Believe it or not, early christians took a lot from wiccans. You can even see it in really old cathedrals, pagan (wiccan) symbols were used in archways and stuff! I did some research on that in high school, but I can't really remember. It's a religion very much set in nature, I can tell you that. Maybe you could go to your local library, they should have some books you can read to better your understanding.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:05 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I think its wonderful that you're asking!
    I think you may be able to find some info here:
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcra.htm
    I wish I could explain it myself, but I'm not Wiccan, so its probably better that I direct you to this site than try to explain it myself, lol.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:06 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Well, first off, it's "Wiccan" not "wickin".

Wicca is a nature-religion based on using magic to attain positive change. There are many different pantheons and deities, solitary and coven (group) witches (Wiccans). I think if you are really interested, you should open up a dialogue with your husband. I'm sure he would be more than happy to talk to you about what he believes.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:06 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I have tryed to talk to him about it but when he explains it he says that there is alot that he cant tell me because im not wiccan sry for misspelling before. I know that he has been looking for a book that has to be lether bound with white pages nothing on them and it has to be blessed before he can use it. and thats part of what he cant tell me. i just wish that i could understand what he was trying to explain.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:10 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Actually, that's true. Whatever you do find out about wicca on your own, I'm sure it's probably a lot like the Christian religion in that the people who practice it have their own ways of doing so (i.e the babtists practice different than the lutherans and catholics, et.) So you might just want to go ahead and talk to your husband about it instead.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:11 PM on May. 14, 2009

• hee hee hee

Wicca

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:14 PM on May. 14, 2009

• In Wicca most will talk about the religion... if asked a question we don't have a problem answering it if we know the answer. The book you are referring too maybe his BOS/Journal (Book of Shadows)
    If you want a book try this-- book Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
    By Cunningham Scott

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:16 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Another book that might help that is an easy to understand read is an Idiots Guide to Wicca/Witchcraft. I read that one as well as some others(including the one gmasboy recommended in the post above me).

Simply worded and easy to understand.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It is Wiccan* and I would ask him about it. Have him show you and teach you, it might make you closer than you already are =) Btw I think it is great that the two of you can be married and still have a healthy respect for your very diffrent point of views!
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 1:34 PM on May. 14, 2009