Is there any Pageant Mom's out there???

Okay, so we're entering our Daughter in her 1st Pageant in June at our Local Fair. We've got her dress & everything, this pageant is no-makeup. Our Daughter will be 1 next month and I believe this will be a great Mother/Daughter activity. I'm sure people will bash me, but please don't I know people are against Baby Pageants. This is just something for fun!!! Just some advice & tips please???

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 12:00 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let her be herself. When you get there before the pageant starts find out what the X patern is an walk it yourself that way you know where to lead your daughter when the judges are out there and you dont look lost. if you daughter can walk at all even with you holding her hand let her then have her wave to the judges and blow them kisses. If her dress is a cup cake style of a tutu style with the big ruffles around the bottom then have her show her bottom to the judges so they get to see the back of the dress as well. One little girl that we do pageants with always shakes her bottom at the judges and it is really cute I have not seen a pageant were she has not placed yet. we were a full length gown but I prefer the short puffy ones for the babies
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:11 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Thanks for the tips!! :) Our Daughter's dress is light pink and it's short & puffy. She can walk already, I will have to work on teaching her to blow kisses!!
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 4:46 PM on May. 14, 2009