If you worked a job where you were on your feet 8+ hours, at how many weeks pregnant would you stop working?

ClvDandJ

Asked by ClvDandJ at 12:02 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was an executive chef and I also worked the line. With my first pregnancy a few days before I gave birth . then I had a miscarrige (which i attribute to the stress) then I stopped workin 26 days before my daughter was born in july. I was scared to go past 8 months.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:10 PM on May. 14, 2009

• oh, It also depends on the job. there is nothing wrong with just being on you feet as long as the Dr. says its fine. Always trust your feelings. But remember exercise is good.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:11 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would say that that is all up the individual. Some women never gain much weight and never retain water (of course, we all hate them!!) Seriously, though I would say until you start feeling uncomfortable (with me, that would have been at 2 wks!) It's hard to be on your feet all day anyway, but with the added discomfort, I wouldn't do it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:11 PM on May. 14, 2009

• With my oldest, I worked as a line cook in a restaurant and was on my feet all day. I worked up until my due date. It was uncomfortable and hard sometimes, but I really wanted to use my maternity leave to be home with my baby so I sucked it up and worked through my whole pregnancy.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:25 PM on May. 14, 2009

• when #1 was born I was a CNA doing home health care. I also did fill in work at some nursing homes. I was 36 weeks when I couldn't take the strain of the job any more. Most of my clients were fairly small but moving them for bed changes and helping them in and out of wheel chairs and showers was just WAY more than my back could handle.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:31 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I worked at a grocery store.....up until 36 weeks. I only stopped because I hadn't bought anything yet and really wanted to get started before he was born. I would have went till 40 weeks if I could have. I stood at the register 8+ hours each day, 5 days a week.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:34 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I worked in fast food back when I was pregnant with my son. I gained 65 pounds with my pregnancy (haha, gotta love fast food) and ended up working up until a week before he was due. Then I went home and cleaned an entire house ceiling to floor. If you are comfortable, work, if you don't want to and can get away with it, don't. This time around I am blessed enough to have a boyfriend who is happy to let me stay home and I am loving it!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:15 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Due to my high risk circumstances I had to quit working at four months. My SIL is a nurse and she reccommends compression stockings if you need to be on your feet that long. It helps control the inevitable swelling you are bound to get as baby gets bigger.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:25 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Your going to get varicous veins from the extra weight and all that standing- can you afford to quit now? I have horirible looking legs and cant wear shorts now- so be warned. I am also going to go to a vein doctor soon, to make sure I have proper blood flow. You also should be worried about being tired and not resting enough. Go part time or quit- your health is more important and the babys health.
    Anonymous

• I was a waitress and was pregnant with twins and I didn't quit til I was 35 weeks.
    Andrewbrian2

Answer by Andrewbrian2 at 1:53 PM on May. 14, 2009