Do you take a pity on a woman filing a lawsuit for sexual harassment?

Or you might think that some women might have asked for it. What's your opinion about this topic?

Some victims of sexual harassment are awarded an average of $100.000.00 according to a woman's organization.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Neither. Some are legit, some are looking for money, and some are just self-absorbed idiots. I worked one place where we had a supervisor (not mine, fortunately) who literally slept her way to the top and then held it over the boss' head that she'd cry harassment if that changed. It all came out after he retired and the replacement realized she knew nothing about her job. Same job, different dept, there was a guy who used to corner the cute new girls until enough complained that the union couldn't protect him anymore. Different job, there was a girl who tried to file sexual harassment because she walked around a corner and caught a guy tucking his shirt in (his back was to her).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:15 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I think they are pansies. I always gave as good as I got when it came to Sexual Harassment.
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty sure it would have to depend on the woman and the case.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:12 PM on May. 14, 2009

• mmmm, it depends. If the woman was flirting around with the guy and all of a sudden decided that things are going too far, than i feel no pitty for her. But if she never initiated the situation, than would feel sorry for her.
    Anonymous

• I don't think any one who files asks for it but I do think women flirt to make their way up in a job sometimes ...why would you file if you like the attention I guess is what I mean IDK i think women should get sued to ,,,,at one of my jobs my boss always told the cute men how good they looked and hugged them said things like if you were not married etc etc I don't understand how a woman can get away with it but If a man would do that he would be fired

Anonymous

• I was sexually harassed and it was just awful. My boss rubbed up against me everyday. He usually had an erection. He cornered me twice and grabbed my breast. I never was a flirt at work and never in anyway encouraged anyone to come on to me. I had a dilemma this boss was married his wife was an employee of my husbands. She was a very sweet lady and I knew from him he was abusive towards her. I decided to complain and all hell broke loose with this guy. He beat up his wife because she would not quit her job. He hit my husband with a crow bar and later broke into our home and tried to rape me. He is in prison now. He had been sexually harassing women for years and had been allowed to get away with it since no one would report him. He grew bolder and more violent as time went on. I support anyone in a sexual harassment case. Most are not lying since we tend to get more flack that the harasser.

Anonymous

• Since you brought up the subject of sexaul harrassment I have to ask if you have ever been sexaully harrsassed by a stranger? I have and I understand a womens pain when it comes to this issue....Some men can be so down right disgusting and deserve to have sexual harrassment charges put on them...What if the women was at her job and was sexaully harrassed by her boss? I know some women who sleep with their bosses to obtain a better position in there career....I would not except the position I would try to sue the man for sure.....
    mirakoboy

Answer by mirakoboy at 12:38 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Most complaints are legit, in my opinion. I have know a couple of woman who aren't flirts, but passively accepted sexual harassment until they couldn't take it anymore, and then filed.  I think they should have been more proactive and make it clear immediately that it wasn't acceptable, rather than waiting.  However, I know not all women are as out-spoken as I am.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:42 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I understand that this is a very delicate subject and I hope we could discuss it without emphasizing a particular case. The anon poster who was sexually harassed deserves all our respect and would like to ask to every poster to take the information as it is and move on. Thank you OP
    Anonymous

• I reserve judgment. I have no way of knowing what happens when I'm not there you know. I would always express sympathy because really, you don't know, if she really was a victim why would I, as her friend, want to victimize her more... I also would reserve judgment on the accused

I agree tha women should be held to the same standards as men.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 1:06 PM on May. 14, 2009