With such irregular periods, would you recommend waiting?

My periods are pretty irregular, they have smoothed out the last four months though (not including this one, which would be five months). January is when it started to smooth out. 28 days, 31 days, 28 days, 31 days.. so going by that my next period should be 28 days.. and I am on day 20. Before that my periods were ALL over the place.. some a day early, some 6 days late.. once in a great while I'd have one on time, but hardly ever.

Now, my husband and I are TTC his first child, and my second (try to avoid divorce, custody battles aren't fun). We just started this month, but have done everything possible to help get pregnant. (Okay so not EVERYTHING). Going by what I've said, should I wait to take an HPT awhile after my expected period? I know at least 3-4 days would be best just due to my periods being irregular, or do you think it would be safe to assume I could get an BFP I'll say 2 days before my expected period?

KingMommie

Asked by KingMommie at 12:18 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i dont know some of your abbreviations but i am thinking you want to get pregnant/let me just tell you,i was 40 and my periods were all over the calender well i thought i was going through menopause.hmm not so,.i got pregnant.cant tell you when.i am 50 and there still all over the place.so my husband got a vascetomy.anyway i would say keep on trying cause you know what they say trying is the funnest part.(sort of)
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:24 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I don't get periods. I had to go to an infertility clinic where they would induce bleeding every month and then give me hormones (pills or shots) to induce ovulation. It finally worked and I got my daughter. Then I got pregnant with my second out of the blue. You just never know. (LMP 12/18, conception 1/31)
    You won't be able to truly track anything by your cycle, but you can do Basal Temp monitoring. Of you can make your hubby really happy and just have relations every 2-3 days. ;)
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 2:09 PM on May. 14, 2009