so i got in a wreck monday night

on a scooter/motorcycle. I ended up breaking tow bones in my right foot, my ankle is swollen, and my shoulder is very sore from the fall! I have huge abrasions on my knees, elbows, shoulder, and foot, so i mean i hit the ground pretty hard! We went to the ER and immideately listend to the heartbeat (im 20 weeks) and it was 155/bpm. So now ive gotten crutches and all that jazz...ive been taking lortabs for pain (but havent taken any in TWO nights!! yay! go me! ) so i figured the baby might be drugged and thats why he isnt moving as much, but i still feel him moving around!! I woke up with slight menstraul type cramps today...do u think i should go to L&D and get it checked out? They told me if i had any cramping, spotting, bleeding, or anything unusual to go in, but idk if this is serious enough or not...what would you do? The cramps arent bad at all1

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 12:21 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No offense but what were you doing on a scooter being 20 week pregnant? I'm not judging you I just would be too scared to take the chance. If your having mild cramping I would either go to your doc or call, you don't want to take the chance.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 12:26 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yes! at least call. Hope you and baby are okay.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:27 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I'd go in and get checked out. I'm surprised they didn't admit you and observe you and the baby that day. I feel off a table at 7 months and they kept me for a couple hours to make sure the baby was ok. If anything, call your doctor.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:27 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yea i know i hear it from everyone! I was just moving it from behind my car...i went maybe 10 feet...but that 10 feet was very dangerous ! i shouldnt have done it, but i did =(
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 12:27 PM on May. 14, 2009

• If you have decreased fetal movement and menstrual type cramps you need to go in. forget calling, go to the L&D now. It is better to be safe than sorry.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would go in right away. dont take ANY chances not after an accident like that. better to be safe then sry.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:32 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would deffinatley go to the DR this is kind of serious if you get the medical help you need sooner than there are more options if something is wrong, I would rather be safe than sorry.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:46 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would go in just be safe. I was kind of wondering the same thing, but then you said you were just moving it 10 feet and that sounds like a stupid thing I would do. Hope everything is okay.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:31 PM on May. 14, 2009