• In the Spotlight:

why do i sweat "down there"

since i had my son i sweat between my legs. why did i all of a sudden start this and any way to prevent it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Health

• Lose weight, (not judging , just stating). Your body is getting overheated and needs to cool off somehow.
    Anonymous

• I have always sweated "down there". Even when was a child. And I was NOT overweight for all you people who say "lose weight". EVERYBODY has sweat glands down there. Some people's are just bigger. It took me a long time to get up the nerve to ask my doctor this b/c it's embarrassing:( I have never been able to prevent it though. I have tried FDS, and shower to shower powder and they are OK. I have resorted to swiping a little deodorant (not on my coochie) but on my thighs where my underwear lay. This seems to help the most. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I have always had the same issue too. I HATE sitting on fake leather, when I get up it looks like I peed myself! I've learned to wear shorts long enough to cover the backs of my thighs and when I stand up to skooch forward on the chair to wipe it off. ;) Just sweat, but I'd hate for someone to think they might be sitting in pee.
    I had a friend who had a yeast sensitivity and it made her sweat. Maybe try cutting down on yeast and see if that helps. But that may not make a difference if you are only sweating in the one area.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 2:06 PM on May. 14, 2009