Cervix Thinning 35 weeks

Went to dr yesterday and said my cervix was thinning, didnt give me any %'s or -'s also gave me a girdle because I am carrying so far out front and nowhere else. Is this normal at only 35 weeks or should it be closer to my due date? Anyone have same experience?

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 12:28 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's normal.
    Anonymous

• It;s totally normal. Mine thinned and I was dilated at 34 weeks but it stayed that way for awhile. Your body is just getting ready and you may deliver or may not for awhile yet
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 12:33 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It is normal it is actually a good thing. You only have two more weeks before your baby would not be considered a premie and you should deliver risk free for the baby. If you are already thining then you will probably dialate soon but this is normal it is your body getting ready for deviver but hte process usually takes several weeks
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:35 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Same thing happened to me. I lost my mucus plug and my cervix was effaced at 35 wks and then my water broke a few days later at 36 wks. My son was born the next day (early but perfectly healthy)
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 1:30 PM on May. 14, 2009