Getting Pregnant and Gallbladder Removal... Help someone

Hubby and I are trying to get prego, well we were until I found out I have to have surgery to remove my Gallbladder due to gallstones.. So just wanted to know if anyone out there knows about how long should I wait to get prego after the surgery and if having the surgery will affect me into trying to get prego??

Barbara144

Asked by Barbara144 at 12:36 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I can't believe nobody has gone through this.. Gosh...
    Barbara144

Answer by Barbara144 at 1:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• A friend of mine had the surgery done when she was about 20 wks pregnant so i dont think that it will be a problem with you still trying. Your going to need to take it easy for a while to recover but i think it should be fine. You could always ask your doctor.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:32 PM on May. 14, 2009

• from personal experience I'll tell you if you can wait ,and you know for sure that this acute infection of the gallbladder its only catarrhal in nature ,and you know that your gallbladder is not filled with pus you don't need surgery (if you can wait ) try this natural way to remove the stones, 1st for a couple of days stop all solid food .in the a:m on an empty stomach for 5-7days take 2tbs of pure olive oil w/2tbs fresh lemon juice.drink only distilled water ,eat only pears&crushed apples,and if you are going to eat make it small meals no meats,try teas camomile,dandelion mint/for pain hot-compresses over the area then ice repeat 3x your gallbladder is so important especially if you're gonna be a mommy !!but be careful this is a serious matter on which you may need to treat it surgically,hope and pray that you wont need to

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 8:03 PM on May. 14, 2009