How can a Forward Facing Uterus affect pregnancy??

I just remembered something my doctor (at the time) said about my uterus when I was reading someone else's question about theirs. My doctor told me I have a forward facing uterus, what exactly does that mean!? I didn't know this until after my first child, so obviously it doesn't affect me getting pregnant (though that may have been the one in a million chance), but are there any problems I should worry about, especially with getting pregnant? I am TTC (trying to conceive) now, started this month, almost time for my period, but am now curious as to what a Forward Facing Uterus could do to me or my unborn children. Doctor wasn't too informative on it when I asked. :/

KingMommie

Asked by KingMommie at 12:37 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have been told that I have a tilted uterus. I am not sure if thats the same thing as FF uterus or not. ALL 4 of the docs that delivered my kids told me that I had one and just recently my chiro told me the same thing. All he did was make sure my hips were aligned properly and he could tell just by touching me. So none of the drs made a big deal about it, but my chiro said that women with tilted uteruses can sometimes have a hard time getting pregnant and also delivering vaginally. He was surprised that all 4 of my kids were vaginal births. I told him they were also very small babies too. Nevertheless, he thinks that this happened when I fell on my butt when I was 13 and broke my tailbone. My whole bottom half was knocked out of whack. If youve already had one baby, I wouldn't worry too much about it. My doctors seem to think it was quite common and it didn't affect anything. They just wanted me to know.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:49 AM on May. 15, 2009