Do you ever get tongue tied when you are scolding your kids?!

Yesterday I was getting after my son for something and I was so upset, I didn't make sense! I can't even remember what I said, all I remember is walking away saying to myself "Great now he's probably thinking my moms an idiot!" Or when I'm trying to get on of my son's attention, I'll blank out on their name so I'll jokingly say "oldest child! Come here!" Or I'll call them every other name but their own. including that of my nieces until I get to their name. I'm burnt, my brain is gone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh yes....my boys are evan and eli and my husband eric. So when my brain goes haywire, I can't think of which one I want to call. My mom and my grandmother do the same thing, but its harder for them because in addtion to my three E's, my brothers name is Eric as well and his kids are Ethan and Ella. So its Eric, Eric, Eli, Ethan, Evan, Ella and now we have an Emily. If something doesnt come out of my mouth as witty as I wanted it to, then my kids laugh at me. They are old enough to catch the sarcasm and even give it back...lol
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:38 AM on May. 15, 2009

• yes- all the time, I have a random list of names i go through in the hopes that I'll get the right one...

I also will be explaining something "extremely well" to my kids and then all of a sudden my tongue grows and I go "bleauh blae blablablah bleaauoy" yeah...they got it
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 12:45 PM on May. 14, 2009

• LOL.....my husband usually run down every one of the kids names until we come to the right one when we are talking to, or yelling for, the one we want....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:46 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yup, don't worry i'm loosing it too..LOL.
    Its the only time i resort to the " its because i'm your mother and i said no" explaination.
    LOL.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:56 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yep. We do the list thing here too. When I get really mad at my kids and I start yelling I make no sense. My daughter is usually the one who gets in trouble so when my son gets in trouble I usually call him by dd's name out of habit for always yelling at her. Then she gets all upset because she didn't do anything.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:16 PM on May. 14, 2009