This question comes with a disclaimer...

First the disclaimer:
I am not an idiot, I know that cafemom is not a substitute for medical care. I will not take magical pills or rub flesh-burning concoctions on myself. If I receive any suggestion that seems a little "off", I will skip them. But this is bugging me and I am- to be completely honest- too embarrassed to ask a doctor. My doctor is so... weird.

Anyway, here's the question...
Why does my left nipple itch? Just the nipple. Just sometimes. But every day.

Few things- no, I'm not nursning. No I don't put creams/lotions/etc on me. No, I'm not using new detergent. Just for fun- no, I do nod have hairy nipples :)

So- any guesses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Health

• Are you pregnant? That can make your nipples itch. How annoying too, huh? It's not like you can actually scratch it. Maybe it's dry and needs some lotion.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:43 PM on May. 14, 2009

• it may just be dry skin on the nipple. try rubbing witch hazel on the nipple. then after that stops the itching, rub some baby oil or moisturizing lotion on there. hope that helps good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:44 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Dude! you and me both! But it's my right one. I have to put lotion on or it drives me crazy. I bet people think I'm a pervert, always rubbin' on my booby!! I do notice that after my hubs has his way with it (them) it makes it itchy so maybe a reaction to saliva sometimes? As for all the other times I have no idea. Just another perk of being a woman I guess. :)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:44 PM on May. 14, 2009

• And I wouldn't ask my doctor that question either. It just doesnt seem that important to ask.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:45 PM on May. 14, 2009

• GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:48 PM on May. 14, 2009

• lol, I bet she feels like it's important though! I mean, I'm prego right now so it happens. But to have an itchy nipple, how irritating! I would go nuts!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:48 PM on May. 14, 2009

• OK, thanks everyone. Yes, it is extremely annoying- especially at work. It's not like an ankle itch, ya know? I can't just take care of it wherever/whenever!!

And no, I am not pregnant, so that's out.

I'm gonna go check that link now.

GMR- you cracked me up!!
    Anonymous

• i am 50 and slowly going through menopause...my gyno said vitiman d....and i mean slowly...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 1:20 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Did anyone else go look that up? itchy nipples can be anything from contact irritation to cancer! Not a joke and not something to be afraid to ask Doctors about.
    Anonymous

• OP here. And yeah.. I saw that post on WebMD. But I dunno...

I once used Web MD to help me figure out what was wrong with my daughter. I put in her symptoms and it came back with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever or Typhoid Fever. Um, yeah... she had Roseolla.
    So I don't LOVE WebMD.

But maybe I'll think about possibly, perhaps, MAYBE talking to my very weird doctor.
    Anonymous