Sleeping at night/back pains

Im 35 weeks and am having trouble sleeping because of back pain. I've tried the pillows and that does not help any, i9f anything makes it worse. Everytime Iroll over my lower back "snaps" but during the day it is bearable...any suggestions or have you gone through it?

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 12:42 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try a heating pad on low on your lower back. That helped me a bit. Also a warm shower/bath has helped too. I got a body pillow, and that also seems to help.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:43 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I used to have a body pillow when I wasnt pregnant and loved it. Now no pillow will work at all. Have tried the bath that didnt work either. Havent tried heating pad yet though. Dont some dr's say not to use one? That is what I heard awhile back...
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 12:47 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I didn't have backpain with my daughter, but have had an issue with it from day 1 with this pregnancy. I've started doing these back stretches and it's really helped.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/back-pain/LB00001_D

Just be careful that you don't overdo it. You might also want to talk to your doctor about it.

In response to the heating pad, it's not recommended over a low setting if at all. But if you want to try it a safer alternative is the heating patches that you stick to yourself. They don't overheat and you can't forget to turn them off.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 2:03 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I just got some icy hot last night and oh man I love that stuff!
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:11 PM on May. 14, 2009

• the body pillow works for me, but b4 i got it, i used to take a maybe 15 min warm bath before bed and that seemed to help a little bit. I do know what you mean about your back "snapping", because every time I switch sides in the middle of the night my back cracks too.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 4:35 PM on May. 14, 2009