what is a normal age for a baby to start rolling over??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• anywhere from 3-6 months i think is normal, but not to say it isn't normal if they do it before or after. Every child is different. My first started at 5 1/2 months. My second started at 6 months. I also know some babies that started before and after the 3-6 months.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:50 PM on May. 14, 2009

• i agree with the first answer my daughter was a premie and she was 8 1/2 months old before she started rolling over.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:54 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My daughter didn't roll over until 5 months. I would help her by putting her on her tummy and rolling her over myself, and then cheering and clapping for her "yay you did it!" and then I kept doing it here and there during play time. Little by little she started doing some on her own. She was rolling over by herself by the next morning.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:03 PM on May. 14, 2009

• my daughter is only 2 months and she can already roll over, i think it all depends on the development of your child. everyones baby is different..
    newmommy031309

Answer by newmommy031309 at 1:38 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My ds was 5 months but he was premature. Anywhere from birth to 6 months I think is normal.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 2:33 PM on May. 14, 2009

• All 5 of mine did right around 4 months. Once they hit three months don't trust them not to or you may wind up with a baby on the floor.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:35 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My first son rolled over tummy to back by 1 month and back to tummy by 3 months. My second son is 3 months old and only as of last night is he rolling over tummy to back consistently.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:04 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My daughter is getting close to doing it. I think a couple more weeks and she will have it. She is 11 weeks old. She gets on her side and the flops back down. She also goes to physical therapy once a week and I think all the tummy time and stretching we have to do is helping her along on that aspect.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:54 PM on May. 14, 2009