need help with resume objective for career change

my husband is looking for a career change and i need help
with finding the right wording for his objective. he is trying to land a job in a bank. his skills can't transfer over to this new job at least not that i see. he is a service repair tech fixing copiers, faxes and printers. please help me get the prefect objective to at least get noticed.....please what would be a good objective phase to put on the resume?

that may/may not reflect this is a career change.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 12:45 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hi there. I have over 15 years of human resources and recruiting experience, and I help people with resumes and job searches.
    Honestly, he doesn't need an objective; he need a resume that tells prospective employers what he has accomplished in his career. Then, he needs a cover letter that will tie his skills and experiences to the position that he is applying to. It is also great to do a bit of research on the company that you are applying to and include this. For example: I was impressed with Bank of Moneybags' recent aquisition of First National Bank of Dough.
    It is critical that the resume and cover letter be error free.
    Feel free to contact me directly.
    -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 PM on May. 14, 2009