how do you get pet urine smell out of carpet?

hannahsothermom

Asked by hannahsothermom at 12:52 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pets

• vinager.. it works wonders..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:55 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:01 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Then how do you get the vinegar smell out?
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 1:45 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I use a product called Nature's Miracle. It's for pet urine, but works for all kinds. (My daughter recently decided diapers are overrated and peed on our couch) It also keeps animals from trying to mark the same area b/c it removes the smell so well.

If you use vinegar, I would say regular cleaners would help get that smell out and it would eventually fade. No experience, but I'd give it a try.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 1:59 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I agree with Natures Miracle or an equivalent type of cleaner.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:04 PM on May. 14, 2009

• i use spray and wash with resolve, it's for laundry stains, but it won't mess up your carpet. it gets the stain and the smell out. just spray it on and rub it with a wet rag or sponge. you can put a fan beside it or turn on the ceiling fan to dry it.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:20 PM on May. 14, 2009

• White vinegar mixed with water and put in a spray bottle. The vinegar smell with eventually dissipate. Vinegar neutralizes the urine.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:27 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My father always recommended ammonia. Urine is acidic and ammonia is basic and the two neutralize each other. He said just put a bowl of ammonia near the spot. My sister did this and put a cardboard box over the area, enclosing the spot and the bowl, and it worked.

Answer by Bmat at 4:32 PM on May. 14, 2009