Have you gone from SAHM to working mom?

I plan to start working in August, my son will be 16 months. I am so worried about leaving him but I really want to be an assistant teacher or a sub bc I am also starting college to be a teacher. Any advice to make it easier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think you can sub unless you have a bachelors degree. I have been both SAH and working mom. IYou learn to adjust either way.
    Anonymous

• in our town you can sub if you just have a high school diploma. Call your school board and ask

Answer by admckenzie at 1:11 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I went from a SAHM to a working mom, and it's HORRIBLE. I hate it.
    My life is made easier by:
    Making a schedule and sticking to it. I found that I was exhausted by doing all of the house cleaning chores on Saturdays and Sundays. So I began implementing a plan to spend 30 minutes everyday cleaning just ONE or TWO rooms. By the time the weekend came, every room had been clean, and I could relax.
    Make a weekly dinner menu and stick to it. Do as much prep work for it as you can the evening before, after the kids are alseep. Done correctly, you can have a healthy meal in under 30 mintues every evening.
    Do at least one load of laundry a day, so it doesn't pile up and overwhelm you.
    Good luck to you.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 1:46 PM on May. 14, 2009