Looking for a sling or carrier for my baby due in Oct. suggestions??

I have a 28 month old and I tried a carrier when she was a newborn but it was terrible and cheap I am due to have my second in Oct. ..... I was told to try a sling but I have NO idea where to start looking since thier is sooooooooo many of them out thier. I really can't spend much than $50 if possible and wouldn't mind if it was cheaper but still good.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 1:05 PM on May. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• HEY CHICKA
    i bought one in walmart. its a sling amd made by jellybean. its awsome. look there. they have brown and pink and black and white. i paid about 32 dollars for it.
    mommieof4girlz

Answer by mommieof4girlz at 1:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I bought one at the local GreenMarket. I wish I could remember the brand b/c it's awesome. You can try them on in the stores, just bring a helper b/c they can be tricky if you don't know what you're doing. I LOVE mine, but my daughter decided it was overrated b/c she couldn't just get down easily. Mine was $40. Target and Babies R Us carry them, go try some on and see how they work for you before you make the investment. Maybe put your LO in it and walk around the store with her and see how it goes. You don't have to buy from them, just get an idea of what you want in it.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 1:55 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Look on Craigslist in the baby/kid section to see if someone's selling off their old one. You can also post an ad saying you're looking to buy one and the price range and size, if needed, that you're looking for.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:06 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I make them. If you own a sewing machine, or know somone that does, I can give you easy instructions to make either a custom fit pouch sling, or a moby wrap. PM me if you like.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:13 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I love the baby bjorn...
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 5:35 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I love the Ultimate Baby wrap from parents of invention. I wore my 1st baby until he was 8 months and am currently using it with my 6 month old. I think it is like $40. check out their web site:) good luck. I also used a cute sling when I had a newborn but it wasn't as comfy for me once she was over two months.
    sidsmama

Answer by sidsmama at 6:06 PM on May. 14, 2009