• In the Spotlight:

Did you walk alot when you were pregnant?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 1:23 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• unfortunately I didnt take walking seriously till I was in my third trimester, something I wish I did much earlier, but i guess better late tha never! I walked 1-2 times a week around the middle school track (I'm sure if I did it earlier on, I would have stayed toned). I also did prenatal yoga. the yoga really helped me breathe through my contractions and I really impressed the nurses lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:27 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I walked every day with my first pregnancy. This pregnancy (I'm 33 wks) I started out running/jogging 4 miles a day until I was about 24 or 25 wks. Now I wog (not a jog but not a walk either...more of a waddling jog...Lol) about 4.5 miles five times a week. Hopefully it helps with the bouncing back but mostly I do it to keep my energy up and give myself some me time.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 1:35 PM on May. 14, 2009

• With the twins i was on bed rest so was not able to. With our infant yes and run after the twins to.
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 1:51 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I walk about 2.5-3 miles, about 3 times a week, sometimes more.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:24 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes, I love to walk. I would be on my feet at work and then walk for at least 1 -1 /2 hour every night. I'm not sure how much it added up to. For me it really helped during my entire pregnancy. I never really had many aches and pains and it gave me energy and helped me to stay active through my entire pregancy. I highly recommend it!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 2:41 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I try to.. Walking is good for you and the baby..
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 3:19 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I didn't have much of a choice but to walk a lot--I was in a wreck during the early part of my second trimester. Baby and I were okay, thankfully, but my car was totaled. I walked to work, walked to college, walked to the grocery store, walked up flights of stairs to my apartment, walked to friends and neighbors houses. Toward the middle of my third trimester my doctor told me to stop walking so much though because I was having abdominal pains that weren't Braxton Hicks or labor pains.
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 11:19 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I walked a lot b/c of my job. I was a server for both of mine.
    izzybear0217

Answer by izzybear0217 at 11:45 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I walked a lot, there were times where I went to the apartment complex gym and walked on the tredmill. After I hit 7 months, I stopped walking and started waddling. That's what my hubby said. But to get to our apartment we had to walk up a small hill (that's my excuse).
    zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 3:16 PM on May. 15, 2009