Has anyone ever taken a break away from this site because of the drama?

I must live in a bubble because until I found this site I never knew how big of an issue people had about vaccines, breastfeeding, formula, crying it out, circumcision etc. and how people can be so darn rude just because. And I'm not talking about opinions, people just being rude and name calling like they are in the 3rd grade. This site seems to be worse than the outside world.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on May. 14, 2009 in About CafeMom

• That's what happens when you get a bunch of hormonal women together in the same place: DRAMA. Just ignore the "hot topic" posts/questions. Most of the time, the questions are asked by some childish mother who wants to start some sh*t. Don't fall into their trap.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:06 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No I have never left CM due to drama for the fact that you can find places here without drama. Sometimes drama perks things up.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 1:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I actually think its silly when people leave CM because of drama. I mean, come on, its the internet.. you dont have to read anything anyone writes if you dont want to. If it looks like its gonna be full of drama, dont read it. JMO though...
    MistyAB

Answer by MistyAB at 2:07 PM on May. 14, 2009

• About once a week I log out and turn off the computer and find a really good book. The rest of the time it's an ignore as needed thing. I really love the time I spend at CM
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yeah I take a break...at night when I go to sleep. If the drama gets too bad I go eat and come back. I don't like the outside world. I can deal with this. If I don't like it then I can shut the computer off!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:43 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I have not taken a break but I don't do 'groups' anymore. Moms are just harsh on here and Cafemom seems like they almost promote cyber-bullying. I use this to keep in contact with my moms friends that don't live nearby and that's it.

I know what you mean though.
    Anonymous