Craigslist has a erotic section?? I actually look at it.

Women in my area are offering there selves for money. HMMM isnt that ilegal?? Just wondering what you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah, i heard of that. But i also heard on the news that they will be taking that section down. WTH, why did they have it in the first place.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 1:48 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I haven't read them but I think if you read them carefully, you will see that they are not actually selling themselves, they are selling their time which is actually legal. You can sell your time as a "personal escort" and you can even sell your time as a dominatrix as long as you are not selling a sex act. Of course, sex may happen (and most likely does) but it is considered at that point to be consensual & not part of the business transaction. It is kind of sneaky in a way, but there is nothing strictly illegal about it.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Apparently they are taking it off. Atleast here in Oregon, Washington
    casd

Answer by casd at 1:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Whether its legal or not, it is their body and their business. I don't go looking at those adds, because I don't care to. I am however bothered by the fact that legislators are taking time to even address these things. If you don't like it then stay away from it. If someone wants to use Craigslist for a hook-up, what difference does it make to you. How is it effecting your life in any way? Don't like it then don't click on it.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 1:53 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Oh they are hysterical browsing when you're bored. Especially comparing the pictures to what they feel they are "worth" Lets just say some of them better be very talented *cough*
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Why is it a bother? B./c teens are able to access this area of craigslist without any parental controls. And while many American families are very lax in this area of what their young boys can view on the tv and via DVD, craigslist is one more area where lewd pictures can be viewed easily.  I'm for it being taken down.  Sites that have to support this kind of solicitation show a lack of quality.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Orrrr, you could just put parental controls on your computer. There are a million "non-obvious" sites that also have easily accessible adult content. That's not even counting all the people having live-action cybersex in private chats while they play World of Warcraft and all the other rated 13+ video games.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:00 PM on May. 14, 2009

• When did it become everyone else's job to parent your child.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 2:19 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I heard they arent taking it off. But you will have to log in with a credit card to view it to make sure you are of age. The women on there state how much money they want.. they are selling there bodies. Its gross!!!
    Anonymous

• I DONT CARE IF SOMEONE WANTS TO SELL THEIR OWN BODY FOR SEX. I JUST THOUGHT IS IS ILEGAL TO PAY FOR SEX..... IS IT NOT? AM I MISSING SOMETHING??
    Anonymous