What is the percentage of military men that cheat?

I've been told that it' pretty high and I never believed it until now. My husband has been seeking out other women and trying to have affairs and he's one of those men that you least expect it from. I thought our marriage was great and we were getting along great with no problems until I stumbled upon his saved chats and hes personal ad websites. I was told service men do it more often because they can get away with it easier and they claim the are always "lonely". I caught the websites before he did anything and he promised to stop but it's hard to believe him now knowing the percentage and he claimed he was "lonely". Has anyone else experieced this with their military men or know other that have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• OK, really people. Its not just military men or women or their spouses that cheat. ALOT of men cheat, civilian men, and never get caught. My husband is in the military, let me tell you, the consequences of cheating and getting caught are far worse in the military than in the civilian world. Yes, some cheat, just like some of the spouses cheat. It happens, I dont condone it. Nor do I understand it. After all I go through the same things they do and still feel no need to seek out someone else. But infidelity has nothing to do with military, it has to do with the person. I'm a firm believer that if a person cheats, they would have done it no matter what their situation was.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:33 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I don't think it is any different (percentage wise) then civilian men cheating. If the person male or female wants to cheat, they will find a way. Military or civilian

Answer by louise2 at 1:56 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I live near an air force base. My SO is in the Air Force. He's a ho. He can't help himself but women seem to throw themselves at men in uniform and SO won't turn them down. He just washes up and comes home afterward! lol (we have an open relationship so since I agreed to it I can't complain to him about it) From what I see a LARGE percentage of them cheat. Some do it with wife's permission so that's not cheating I guess. I had one woman ask me to be with her man while he was stationed here so she knew he'd be safe and no one would try to steal him from her! lol So yes they cheat and they love the attention even when they don't have sex with other women. They get lots of attention online and off. Lonely? maybe but then again there are lots of lonely women out there willing to get UNlonely with them

Answer by admckenzie at 1:57 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I disagree with louise2. I think opportunity allows military men to cheat more than civilians. Military men get to travel more without their partner. My SO is in PA now (we live in FL) and I'm sure he's having a ball with as many women as he can find. He'll tell me all about it later but the point is that going TDY allows them the freedom to be without wife/gf/so and opens up avenues for contact with horny women who would love to show them a good time. I don't think civilians get that much opportunity to go to new areas and check women out unless he's a traveling salesman or otherwise traveling

Answer by admckenzie at 2:00 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I knew more wives that cheated then men. I think a lot of them know their wives would contact the chain of command & they might even be charged with adultery. No one should be cheating in a marriage-man or woman, military or civilian.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 2:04 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I think any person. male. female. civilian. military. if they travel the risk of cheating goes way up.. I mean we all know its risky to cheat in a city.. but if your 5 states away, you might as well be single!
    Anonymous

• How does any one really know if military men cheat more then civilian men do..Or females.. My DH is retired army..As far as I know,,I'll say it again...As far as I know,, my DH never cheated on me. Now that he is in the civilian world, he has a job that sends him out of town regularly. And as far as I know he is not cheating.

Answer by louise2 at 2:33 PM on May. 14, 2009

• my family is both military and medical, and there is on thig thatis clear, they do cheat. my grandfather cheated, my mother cheated, most of my uncles didn't have SO but they sure did enjoy being. i think that military men and women are more likely to cheat with someone then civilians, in my experince more women cheat out of teh service, but men and women are pretty even in the service, to cheat with someone else in the servce or someone from a city, country or town they are visiing. i think that military is full of cheaters and that civilians aren't as free, becasue your records aren't so classified. it's harder to find the time, when you are trying to make a living.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 2:53 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I was married to a military man for 16 years and this is JMO. It is no different than any other man cheating except the military is grouped into that category. If you have a good relationship and a good life then like civilian life it won't happen. Its just an excuse for cheating if they say they are lonely.If they are going to cheat they will no matter what they do. In the 16 years neither one of us cheated, and I know quite a few that haven't. You just hear more about it if its military and thats sad.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:16 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Im an army wife and so far hes been good to me but i know alot of the guys and alot of the girls have cheeted on their SO. Like one of the girls said girls love a man in uniform and sometimes its hard for them to turn it down. It also happens more often in the military because of the deployments. Women cheet then because they want to feel that closeness with someone and some men cheet when they are over there.About them being able to get away with it that i dont belive. If your a military wife and your SO cheets on you ,you can call their chain of command and mess up their entire military career. Thats why they try so hard not to get cought. But then agian cavalians cheet to. I just think that the military seperates your family more often with deployments and thats when it happens most.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:56 PM on May. 14, 2009