traveling on a plane.

im going on a 2 1/2 hour plane ride with my 3 month old dd....does anyone have any tips or suggestions to make this easier on me? idk if i should use my carrier to carry her through the airport or keep her in her carseat in the stroller. does she need to be taken out of the carseat at security or can i leave her in the stroller and go through? i want this to be as easy as possible. im also worried that shell get an earache.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She had to be taken out of the carseat and both pieces have to go through the x-ray machine.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:00 PM on May. 14, 2009

• i havent taken my son on an airplane yet, but I've read from other moms, as well as books, that nursing during takeoff or having the baby suck on a pacifier can prevent ear pressure. I cant help ya with anything else, because I have no experience! hopefully others can help =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:01 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It would be best to hold her while you go through the machines at security. I do believe that they make you take the baby out of the stroller anyway. It's been a while so I don't remember for sure.

As far as the ear ache from the cabin pressure goes, if you have a bottle(or if you breastfeed) I would suggest feeding her at that time , as the swallowing will help ease any ear pressure for her. I've been on a 3 hour flight before with my daughter, and she did pretty good the whole flight, slept most of it. LOL. If she gets fussy, you can walk up and down the aisle with her to calm her down a bit.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:01 PM on May. 14, 2009

• well i really dont want to do that then bc her stroller is one of those big heavy ones.
    Anonymous

• When my baby traveled by plane for the first time he was 5 months old. I carried him, and checked his car seat as luggage (they wrap it in a huge plastic bag and put an ID tag on it). I borrowed a stoller when we arrived, so I didn't need to bring his. As far as ears go, just try to make sure your baby is sucking on something while taking off and landing. That's when your ears tend to pop. My son did great.
    My son was 17 months old the next time we traveled. This time I brought a stoller and they kept it up in front of the plane (it was small) and borrowed a car seat when we arrived.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:04 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I'd call the airport reguarding the stroller and carseat questions. As far as earaches, I'm not sure.
    Anonymous