Adam and Amiee Freeman...con artists?

If you don't know who they are, they are parents of a micro preemie who have received a ton of donations to help with their financial difficulties. They have a blog where they asked for donations to save their house from foreclosure, received at least 50k to "save their house" and then decided NOT to pay off their house. They also have millions of dollars in medical bills, which can be COMPLETELY covered by Medicaid, but they "haven't taken the time" to fill out the necessary paperwork. They cry poverty but yet she always has her nails done and a Starbucks cup in her hand. They were on the show "The Doctors" yesterday. Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't add up right? I know this question was posted last night but it didn't get many responses. Just curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know this particular couple but I would say it is wrong for anyone to solicit donations from the general public & then not put the money to the intended use. Then again, it is the responsibility of the people donating the money to insure that they are donating to a worthwhile cause. That is why I would rather write a check to a homeless shelter than give a guy on a street corner $5. But that is just me. Sounds like this couple is out for themselves more than their baby.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:04 PM on May. 14, 2009